Are you tired of getting poor customer service at the big box stores that sell privacy fence materials? We’d like to help you by outlining some tips for you: the do-it-yourself homeowner or professional contractor.
When you come to Cedar Supply Lumber Company, our team of experts with over a combined 50 years of experience, patiently guide you in the process of deciding on the best privacy fence materials for your home or commercial property.
Here are some tips and also some questions you should ask, no matter where you decide to shop for privacy fence materials:
- What style of fencing is required in your neighborhood? Most HOA’s require a certain style of fence to be erected. Check with them first, prior to shopping for privacy fence materials. If there are no restrictions, decide on what type of fence you want. If possible, take pictures of this style to show the sales staff and provide them with a sketch of the layout of the fence along with measurements.
- If there are no restrictions, wood privacy fence materials (mainly cedar) are 2/3’s of the cost compared to vinyl. Although cedar privacy fencing is less in cost, you still have periodic maintenance with wood fencing. Vinyl is practically maintenance free and if you plan on living in your residence for a long time, vinyl makes more sense cost wise.
- Decide on a realistic budget. Decisions on style of fence can fluctuate. As mentioned, vinyl privacy fence materials are always more expensive. If you want a privacy fence that includes a more custom look such as a 5’ fence with 1’ of lattice, the cost will increase.
- Quality of materials. Not all cedar and vinyl privacy fence materials are created equal. When it comes to cedar fencing, Cedar Supply located in Fort Collins, Colorado only purchases cedar fencing from those cedar mills that manufacture consistent graded lumber. We are known for our quality of fencing materials and only purchase the best! When it comes to vinyl fencing, we buy in truck loads vinyl products then we in turn manufacture all styles of fencing with our two state-of-the-art vinyl CNC machines. Most important though is that all of our vinyl is made in the U.S. and not a product produced in China.
- Experience and knowledge. When you have a severe tooth ache, do you go to a car mechanic or a dentist? A little exaggeration here but we’re trying to make a point. When purchasing a fence, you want experience. Someone who has first-hand knowledge of how to calculate the correct amount of privacy fence materials for an accurate bid price. Here at Cedar Supply, all of our sales staff is highly trained in providing you with pertinent information so that you can make the right decision in buying a fence. With over 50 years combined knowledge, you’re in good hands. Does a sales person at one of the big box stores or standard lumber companies have this kind of experience?
- Getting good service is important. Cedar Supply has been serving all of Colorado for over 34 years. We’re located in Fort Collins, Colorado; just 20 minutes northwest of Greeley; about 25 minutes north of Longmont and just a few minutes north of Loveland. We have a great reputation for service, material selection and friendly, courteous sales staff. Come visit us today and let us educate you on your next privacy fence material project!